You might also like...

Image Map

Thursday 23 November 2017

A sweatshirt for my niece

Another birthday in the family: yep! We have them each month from September through June so be ready to see more posts about that probably.
 
This one was actually back in October when my niece turned 15. 15!! I can't believe how big she is: seems like it was yesterday that I was holding her in my arms *sigh*
 
front view
I practiced quite a bit in order to make this one right (I will show that in a separate post) and it took me a little while to find a fabric I thought she would like. Unfortunately for me, all the winter fabrics are not completely out so all you can find are the fabrics the shops are making special offers on so they can clear out the old stock to put the new one. The choice in sweatshirt fabric is limited during this period.
 
back view

I chose a girly, flowery fabric for her as the main body part, and a basic black one for the sleeves to have a nice contrast.
 
cuff
As I had practised a little bit before, it did not take a lot of time for me to make this one but there is still room for improvement for sure!
 
details collar
 
bottom/waist
I will be making more of these I think, although I would like to try to make some with a different shape for the sleeves.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant post! I never got a summer glow this year,which I don't mind but great post for those who want to keep it!
    Sweatshirts online India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
    Designer Hoodies online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...